Thomas Robert Malthus
Thomas Robert Malthus (1766 – 1834)
- Born in 1766 in England
- Field – Demography, Macro Economics
- An Essalist-style-type: none;”>y on the Principal of Population (1798)
- 1800: The percent high price of provisions.
- 1814: Observations on the effect of the Corn Laws.
- 1815: The Policy of Restricting the importation of gain.
- The Principal of Political Economy (1820) An Essay on the principle of population (b/w) 1798 & 1826 he published 6 editions of this)
- 1823: The measure of value stated and illustrated
Main Theories and Ideas
- The Theory of Population
- The Theory of Market Gluts (Malthusian Theory of Economic Crisis), Theory of Gluts or Overproduction or Under Consumption
- The Theory of Economic Development: economic Development can realize by greater production and better distribution of Wealth.
- Theory of Rent: rent as a surplus due to the bounty of nature.
- Value: as the power of purchasing commodities
- Value of Money: inverse relationship between the value of money and the money price of the commodities.
- Wages: as the remuneration to the labour for his exertions.