KERALA PSC HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER (HSST) EXAM
Best Kerala PSC HSST Exam Coaching Center
Kerala PSC has invited applications from eligible candidates to recruit Higher Secondary School Teacher for Kerala Higher Secondary Education Department. Vacancies are available for teachers in various subjects. Apple B Academy, India’s First-rated virtual platform is here to help you to get a secured rank in the upcoming KERALA PSC HSST exam and to make your dream your story. If you are not sure of what to study, we will guide you with systematic guidelines for your examination.
For the past several years, Apple B Academy has trained many students to crack their state and national level competitive exams. As the recently happened PSC exams has got a shift from the normal question pattern to a new perceptive in which they have asked assertion – reason, statement questions etc., we can expect the same in HSST exam as well. The New pattern has certain similarities with the national level competitive exams. So Apple B Academy can help you to create a proper strategy for your preparation. We are providing HSST coaching for the subjects Economics, Commerce, English so that you can easily catch your goal in this virtual platform
Apple B caters your needs with
- Live Interactive Classes led by Kiran Raj
- Systematic E-notes
- Solved Previous Year Questions with explanation
- Practice Question Papers
- Weekly mock test and discussion
How to Apply For HSST
To apply for Higher Secondary School Teacher in Kerala Government Service (HSST), you must log in to Kerala PSC’s official website and look for the respective category number under Statewide general recruitment.
Kerala PSC HSST Exam Pattern
As per the old pattern there are four parts including:
- Research Methodology/ Teaching Aptitude
- Salient Features of Indian Constitution, Social Welfare Legislations and Programmes
- Renaissance in Kerala, General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- Core subject
But in the new Kerala PSC for professional/ Technical qualification exams, they have exempted General Knowledge. So there might be a change happening in HSST exam as well. The exam will be having 100 objective type questions. Each correct answer will carry 1 mark and 0.33 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Duration of exam is 1hour and 15 minutes.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY
Age Limit: Age between 20 years and 40 years. Relaxation in upper age limit will be there for reservation category
- Master’s Degree in the concerned subject with not less than 50% marks from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in the respective subject by a university in Kerala.
- (i) B.Ed in the concerned subject acquired after a regular course of study from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognized as equivalent thereto by a university in Kerala.
- (ii) In the absence of persons with B.Ed Degree in the concerned subject, B.Ed Degree acquired in the concerned faculty as specified in the Acts and Statutes of any of the Universities in Kerala. (iii) In the absence of persons with B.Ed Degree as specified in item (i) and (ii) above, persons with B.Ed Degree in any subject acquired after a regular course of study from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognized as equivalent thereto by any of the Universities in Kerala.
- Must have passed the State Eligibility Test (SET) for the post of Higher Secondary School Teachers conducted by Government of Kerala or by the agency authorized by the State Government
Note:- Persons who have acquired M.Ed in the concerned subject, recognized by any University in Kerala, are exempted from B.Ed qualification.
- Those persons who have passed the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) for the post of College Lecturers conducted by Government of Kerala are exempted from the State Eligibility Test for Higher Secondary School Teacher.
- Those persons who have passed the National Eligibility Test/ Junior Research Fellowship shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test.
- Persons with Ph.D / M.Phil / M.Ed degree shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test provided the M.Phil in the concerned subject should be one awarded by any of the Universities in Kerala or recognized as equivalent thereto by any of the Universities in Kerala.
- Teachers who have completed 10 (ten) years of approved teaching service at the High School level in the General Education subordinate service shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test for Higher Secondary School Teachers.
- Relaxation of 5% marks in Post Graduation will be given to SC/ ST and Differently Abled Candidates as per G.O(Ms)No.288/15/Gl.Edn. Dated 13.11.2015.
For more details, please visit Kerala PSC official site.